Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thing #20 - YouTube



I found a School House Rock video on pronouns!  I remember watching this video when I was in elementary school.

Obviously, youtube can be very useful in the classroom.  It allows the teacher to use other types of instruction besides just lecture or via text.  Some children learn best visually, so a video would be a good addition to any lesson plan.  I like the variety that can be found on youtube.

I also enjoyed exploring PowToon.  There, you can create your own animations or presentations, or explore other people's creations.  This could be useful in the classroom if I ever decide to create my own animation to help students understand certain concepts.  Although it is a neat tool, I will probably stick to YouTube and TeacherTube if I want to explore different videos to use in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment