Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thing #16 - Getting Organized

Out of all the "start" pages, I really enjoyed Symbaloo.  It was easy to use, and I like that all I had to do was find the button, or square, with the tool that I needed and then I simply click on it.  I have always wondered if something like this existed out there... If I ever do make Symbaloo my permanent homepage, it'll probably be far into the future when I've become more comfortable with such things.  I understand it's supposed to make your life easier; however, these blog assignments are overwhelming me.  I feel like I'm on overload at the moment.  Once things calm down, then maybe I'll decide whether or not it is the right thing for me.

As for the online calender, I already have one with Google.  I'm happy with it and I don't plan to change.  I tried to explore 30 Boxes and Upto but they required that I create an account; quite frankly, I'm tired of doing that when I know I will never use it ever again...because I'm content with Google.  I like it too, because if I ever need to share events that are coming up with my students' parents or with fellow teachers, I can.

Oh my, I love the PDF converter!  And the most amazing thing about it - it's free!  I never knew this existed, and I could have saved myself so much headache these past few years if I had known it was out there.  It's nifty because I only have Pages on my Apple computer, so when people send me Word documents, sometimes it de-formats things or I can't see them at all.  With the PDF converter, I don't have to worry about that problem any more.  I would definitely recommend this to anyone with the same problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment