Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thing #18 - Twitter

I never ever wanted to create an account on Twitter.  I can't believe I did it - and I ONLY did it for my grade.  Period.  Here is the link to my profile.

It is important for teachers to understand social networking because it is what their students use on a day-by-day, hour-by-hour, minute-by-minute basis.  In order to teach properly, a teacher must know their student - so understanding that social networking is part of everyone's life (especially a young person's life) is a very valuable piece of information.

What I've learned about Twitter is that I could have probably lived forever without it - and I probably will after today.  It seems like a giant vacuum, sucking up everyone's time because they get drawn into reading up on what people are doing - like going to the grocery store.

However, I started following educational things, and I even added PBS, and some neat pictures and quotes popped up.  I can see teachers encouraging students to follow certain things in order to serve educational purposes... maybe like a museum or something like that.  That would actually be really neat... okay, maybe Twitter isn't all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment