Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thing #6 - Discovery

Oh my - I loved this exercise!  I found some very neat things, but my all-time favorite so far is TikaTok. It's an amazing site that allows children to write, illustrate, and publish their own books!  How cool is that?!  What an amazing opportunity for a young child.  Not only would it boost their self esteem by giving them something to be proud of, but it could actually get them interested in reading all kinds of books - even their fellow classmates' work!  This could be used for so many different assignments, like individual projects for understanding classroom lessons.  And it would be fun - for the student and the teacher!

There are many different templates to start from, and they are grouped according to grade level.  All elementary grades - K through 6th - are available.  The teacher can even choose a specific standard that they would like to associate the projects with!  I wish this existed when I was in elementary school... 

No comments:

Post a Comment