Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Thing #12 - Google

The first tool I used on Google was Google Calender, which was very simple to set up.  I only listed the things that I'm sure will occur for the month of March, but later I plan on adding different things as I go.  This would be a great way to stay organized while I'm in school and working full-time.  I can plan out assignments and get them completed in a reasonable amount of time.  I can see how this would be helpful in the classroom; by creating a classroom calender and sharing it with students and parents, I can keep everyone informed as to what is going to happen each day, week, and/or month.

Next, I tried out Google Alerts.  This tool is so neat, and I wish I had known it existed a long time ago. I'm interested in keeping posted on new information regarding CCSS, so that is on my list at the moment.  This is a great tool for teachers to use in the classroom for different research topics that can be used in the classroom.  For example, if I was interested in incorporating more things to help my students learn about autism, I could keep a link for inclusion on my alert list to keep me posted on this topic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment