Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Thing #10 - RSS Reader and Feeds

This was a very interesting experience!  I had no idea that RSS existed, and I will definitely be using it in the future.  I think that one of the reasons I used to find the internet so intimidating before is that it can be very overwhelming with the amount of information at your fingertips.  I didn't know where to start, and I wanted to do a million things at once.  RSS gives me the opportunity to view all of my favorite things in one place.  To start, I picked four education sites to follow, as well as one do-it-yourself site about recycling that I found very interesting.  

In my future classroom, I feel that this will be an easy way to keep track of blogs if I ever have my students use this form of writing for an exercise.  I would be able to check all of them from one place.  Also, with RSS, teachers can have access to so many different things, whether it is for their own professional development, or if they need some inspiration for a specific lesson plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment