Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Thing #2 - My Blog and Avatar Experience

I have absolutely no previous blog experience, including creating an online avatar.  I'm a bit baffled by the avatar; I'm still trying to figure out its purpose.  So far I'm just using my own name as the name of my blog.  My professor said to keep my future class in mind; thus I've titled it "Miss Queener's 23 Things" instead of just plain old "Sheilah's 23 Things."  My blog's name might change in the future if I'm inspired by something significant. 


The creation process of the blog was fairly simple, although I'm very glad I had the help of my professor and fellow classmates.  I created the avatar all on my own; I'm very proud that I was able to do so!  I almost didn't notice that I could add hair and clothing to it, though, so that could've been a funny mistake.  Since there's going to be an avatar on a blog that I'm writing, I suppose I wanted it to represent myself instead of someone different... and I do have hair and I usually wear clothing, so it's a good thing I noticed to add some to it!

3 comments:

  1. I am also new to the blogging world. When I was setting up my blog I was also wondering what the purpose of the avatar is too. I guess there is lots to learn in the blogging world. I am just glad I am not the only person who is new to blogging in the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know I'm not alone, as well. Maybe someone will be able to enlighten us on the purpose of the avatar. Personally, I would have been content with just words on my blog page instead of a little mini-me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your avitar!! When I was creating mine, I had the same problem... I'm so happy that I wasn't the only one frantically trying to figure out the avatar thing! =) I'm also new to blogging and I didn't realize that there were so many people in the "blogging" world!!

    ReplyDelete